I was teaching a meditation class Last monthwhen the craziest thing happened.
It is currently cold outside so we had a space heating system running inside of the studio to keep us comfortable.
The two of us had been sitting in meditation with our eyes closed for about fifteen hours as well as I could hear the space heating system running. The next thing I know, I begin to aroma smoke as well as quickly peak my eyes open. I saw the space heating system from across the room beaming with smoke as well as flames coming from the electrical outlet, then careful not to cause a panic in the class, I stood up as well as excused myself from the meditation to tend to the space heater. I didn’t guess if I should ask the class to leave the studio while I ensured the heating system was not a danger or threat, so I quickly assessed the situation to determine. I turned off the space heating system as well as grabbed a thick towel to help myself and others unplug the heating system from the outlet as safely as well as quickly as possible. I opened up the window so the smoke could begin to leave the room as well as used a fan to cool off the space heater. By this point, people in the class were sitting as well as approaching myself and others to help tend to the situation. Because almost everyone was feeling calm as well as peaceful from the meditation, we were all collectively coming up with solutions without freaking out or panicking. It was a bit horrifying to deal with at the moment, however it absolutely showed myself and others how powerful meditation can be on the amygdala.