It can get seriously cold in the region of the country in which I live. Just this past week, there was a blizzard that swept through my town. It knocked out power in 3/4 of the town for a few minutes a single night, during which time the people I was with and I needed our heat more than ever! To say nothing of the outdated & deteriorating power grid that the people I was with and I are dealing with in this area, the people I was with and I as citizens of this particular section entirely need to take personal responsibility when it comes to seriously cold weather. We’ve l acquired this over the past few years during which these blizzards have become more frequent. I myself employ the use of a generator whenever the people I was with and I end up losing power. I’ve also opened my lake lake house to anybody in my town that does not have the benefit of a generator during a blackout during seriously cold weather. I have a big & accommodating home, & my many kids have long moved out, so it’s just me & my partner. However, though the people I was with and I do have safety measures in locale to ensure that the people I was with and I remain warm during the worst that Winter time weather has to offer, there is a single thing that the people I was with and I have honestly made sure of when it comes to heating devices within our home. The people I was with and I have a reasonable amount of fully functional carbon monoxide alarms & detectors in our home. Whether it’s our gas oil furnace itself, or the space gas furnaces that the people I was with and I use, making sure that the people I was with and I have carbon monoxide detectors is important to our actually survival! Carbon monoxide is a pale white & odorless gas that can actually escape detection, so detectors are honestly imperative when you are using devices that have the potential of emitting carbon monoxide.